Thursday, December 20, 2007

Another Christmas Survey

25. How many more days til' Christmas?
5…Wow! Is that all?

24. What color is your Christmas tree?
Green

23. Bought any gifts for anyone yet?
Everyone I was planning on.

22. Are there any Gifts under the tree?
Some from Grandma & Grandpa, Nana, and Grandpa Mac

21. Will it snow this Christmas?
Only in our dreams. But it is supposed to be cold! That’s exciting!

20. How many family members live in your house?
2 parents + 3 little boys=5

19. Is Santa coming?
Oh yes!

18. Have you been naughty or nice?
I try to be nice….

17. Favorite place to get presents from?
Tory’s workshop. I love to see what he makes for me. It’s always a surprise.

16. How many places do you go to celebrate the holiday?
This year we won’t be going anywhere and nobody’s coming to us *sniff, sniff*

15. Ever 'peeked' inside a present?
I did once when I was younger and felt terrible about it. I could never bring myself to do it again.

14. Ever tried egg nog?
Yes, and it’s good stuff!

15. How cold is it now?
I don’t think “cold” is exactly the right word for today. It’s around 70.

14. Decorated your house yet?
I hope so! We never did get the outside icicles up. How come we get them up the years we leave for 3 weeks but when we’re actually here to enjoy them we don’t quite manage? Oh well!

13. Do you still leave the cookies and milk, just for the fun of it?
For the fun of it…and because Santa does need a snack!

12. How many presents would you say you got last year?
I have no idea. Never have counted.

13. Name 3 things you asked for this Christmas:
I haven’t officially asked for anything. I really would rather be surprised.

12. Ever watched The Christmas Story?
Yes. It’s a good one.

11. Have you ever been sledding?
When we lived in Kansas we would make some good sled runs down into the creek. Where else do you sled in western Kansas? Being pulled behind a pickup on an old truck roof was fun, too. More speed!

10. Do you get more money, or clothes for Christmas?
I don’t know if I’ve ever really gotten money for Christmas. Just from Grandparents when I was younger. But I haven’t really gotten clothes for Christmas since I was younger either…hmmmm. That’s a toss-up!

9. Ever had a snow ball fight?
Of course! But I really don't enjoy them.

8. How many stockings will hang from the fire place?
5-one for each of us. Stockings are my favorite part of Christmas.

7. Does your dog/cat get a stocking?
When we were younger we put up a stocking for our dog Grizz once. I think he got a leash! Wow Santa! Pretty good for a last minute stocking!

6. How many people would you say you buy for a year?
Our family, parents, and the family we draw for in Tory’s family.

5. What kind of food do you celebrate with?
Clam chowder & carrot pudding on Christmas Eve, cinnamon and orange rolls Christmas morning, and a turkey or ham dinner Christmas evening. But since we’re doing our own thing this year we might change it up a bit!

4. Did it snow on Christmas Day last year?
Yes, we were in Utah though.

3. Do you have one or more trees that are decorated for a specific theme?
No. I like the good old-fashioned miscellaneous trees.

2. Do you go to Church on Christmas Day?
If Christmas falls on a Sunday. Those are my favorite Christmases. Otherwise our church always has a special program on the Sunday closest to Christmas.

1. Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you. You are my soul, my light, and my entire life. Merry Chirstmas

Tory

Becca said...

Chris' parents always have clam chowder on Christmas Eve. It's something my kids don't really eat so we're having taco soup and we always have either cinnamon rolls or monkey bread on Christmas morning. Food is probably my fondest Christmas traditions :)

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

What fun little Christmas facts. I hope that you had a wonderful Christmas and wishing you all the best in 2008!