Tory and I love, Love, LOVE Halloween! It's our favorite holiday second only to Christmas. We like to make our own decorations and over the years we've added a few to our collection. Some are made from fabric but most are wood. I draw them, Tory cuts them, and then I get to paint them! (That's the fun part!) Tory has painted some of them, too. (And no...I don't keep them all outside. The lighting was just better outside for taking the pictures. Ha!) Here are my top 13 Halloween decorations that we have made...so far!

1.
Wooden Witch. She's taller than you think! Coen likes to stand beside her and just stare at her. LOL I think he thinks she should be moving.

2.
Three Pumpkin Light Boxes. They plug in for a scary glow at night! We just made these last year. I saw them at a friend's house and LOVED them. So we made our own version.

3.
Felt Witch. She's seen better days. This picture was taken a couple years ago. You don't want to see the one from this year! The kids seem to have loved her a little too much! It's attached to a craft pumpkin with wire. You could also poke it into a real pumpkin.

4.
Halloween Pillow Wreath. I saw this in a craft store in CO and figured I could make one! You just make little pillows and tie them onto a wire wreath form with raffia. I left the raffia spiky instead of tying bows to make it look more spiderweb-y. It was pretty easy to make but VERY time consuming! Beware!

5.
Wooden pumpkins. I love these. They are each made from three pieces of wood. I love that I can keep them out through Thanksgiving, too.

6. Wooden Scarecrow. This one was fun. I added fabric and raffia and Spanish moss to finish it off.

7.
Wooden Witch, Scarecrow, and Cat. I actually made the cat a couple years earlier but it goes so well with the other two that I usually put them together!

8.
Wooden Pumpkin Plaque. I don't have a lot of hanging decorations but this is one of my favorites.

9.
Wood Pumpkin Sign. This is one of the first ones we made for our collection. I kind of took the faces off of these for the big wooden pumpkin box lights.

10.
Wooden Ghost. This one Tory actually painted. I love it! It's got a little box/pocket between the ghost and the pumpkin to put things in (I put fall flowers) and it makes it stand up really good. It's pretty big! Probably 24 inches high.

11.
Felt/Fabric Ghost Garland. This was another "first". I made this one before Austin was even born. It was VERY easy because I sewed it up on the outside. String them up on some raffia, tie some frayed fabric in between and voila!

12.
Halloween Tree. Actually the only thing I made on this one was the pot. I just decorated it with fabric, filled it with floral foam, and topped it with Spanish moss and a berry pick. Then I just hung a package of small Halloween ornaments on it.

13.
Fabric Pumpkins. The first one was a kit I bought at Wal-mart I think. It was one of the first things I made. The middle two are just made from a HUGE circle of fabric which I put a ball of stuffing in and cinched up with twine. The pumpkin on the right is the same thing only made with a big circle of brown paper (from a paper bag). You just cut out the circle, get it wet, scrunch it up good until it's nice and wrinkly, and then stuff it and cinch it up with twine. Add a stem, leaves (cut from scrap booking paper), and some raffia and wire curly-ques.
3 comments:
You guys are too talented!! You two should open a furniture/craft store. Tory can do all the woodworking and you can paint it. Watch out Ethan Allen. Seriously, I'm SO IMPRESSED!
Wow--you guys need a boutique! How cute!
I have to agree with Beth and Wendi (DQ). I can't pick a favorite!
Post a Comment